Last updated 29 May 2018
Primary Science Teacher Awards (PSTAs)
Teachers that are doing incredible work, raising standards, excelling in tough conditions and going above and beyond deserve to be celebrated. The Primary Science Teacher Awards do just that - we celebrate, reward and provide a plethora of opportunity for these deserving teachers.
The awards are open to all current practising Primary Teachers (full or part-time) who:
- Are innovative and creative in teaching science;
- Inspire colleagues and contribute to developing science in their school and beyond;
- Engage pupils in the excitement and fascination of science.
Established in 2003, the awards are presented during the Annual Primary Science Teacher College Conference. Teachers who win the award support colleagues in their own and other schools either locally, regionally or nationally to raise the profile of science. They will automatically be inducted into the Primary Science Teacher College as a College Fellow where they have access to many benefits including funding in excess of £500,000 to help shape primary science for the better.
The achievements of these amazing teachers are celebrated at an awards ceremony at which family, friends and colleagues can gather together to watch their friends and loved ones be recognised for their outstanding achievements.
School Biology Teacher of the Year Award
The Royal Society of Biology’s School Biology Teacher of the Year Award is open to all teachers who are working with students aged 11-18 years old, teaching pre-university level biology programmes of study, and currently employed in a UK based school or college. The award aims to recognise outstanding and inspiring biology teachers, and is now open for nominations.
The Kavli Education Medal
The Kavli Education Medal is awarded by the Royal Society every two years to an individual who has made a significant impact on science or mathematics education within the UK. If you, or someone you know, deserves to be recognised for the impact they have had, make sure to nominate them.
Rolls-Royce Science Prize
The Rolls-Royce Science Prize is an annual awards programme that helps teachers implement science or maths teaching ideas in their schools and colleges. You can enter the competition through two routes.
- You can attend an ENTHUSE funded CPD at the National STEM Learning Centre, York. The action plan you prepare as part of your course can be submitted for the Science Prize.
- If you are unable to attend a course at the National STEM Learning Centre you can enter the Science Prize through one of the regional Science Learning Partnerships. Find out how to enter here