'See Science seeks to support the teaching and learning of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) subjects in Wales within a real world context.'
We will seek to deliver our mission in collaboration with suitable organisations that promote the public engagement of STEM subjects through local, regional and national projects.
We will deliver our products and services to young people in schools and colleges, provide educational support and services to teachers and community leaders, and develop educational materials.
See Science will seek, through its activities to achieve the following overarching objectives:
- To raise the profile of STEM to young and old
- To make young people and educators within Wales more aware of the opportunities of STEM related courses
- To make young people and educators within Wales more aware of the opportunities of STEM related careers
- To make young people and educators in Wales more aware of contemporary social and ethical issues related STEM
- To inspire and motivate young people and the wider public in Wales to engage with science and technology.
Science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) are subjects that are identified as being crucial to the future prosperity and global competitiveness of Wales. We, as a nation, need to increase interest in and raise the profile of these subjects in order to create a strong supply of skilled employees in innovative industries.
Supporting Welsh Government aims
See Science seeks to support the Welsh Government's aims:
- To raise the levels of achievement of the people of Wales through its education and training policies in STEM subjects
- To promote a culture of lifelong learning to help improve opportunities for people at all stages of their life
- To achieve social and economic wellbeing that is vital to developing a prosperous economy though its STEM education policies.